Code of Ethics*
For Today Only Do Not Anger
- To remain calm and communicative at all times.
For Today Only Do not Worry
- To support one’s self-development and centredness.
- To learn to respond to stress in a positive way.
For Today Only Be Humble
- To be honest and realistic when making statements about the possible outcomes of the system of Reiki classes/treatments and whenever possible, to base comments upon reliable information, experience and current research.
- To be mindful that the teacher/practitioner does not take credit for any healing.
For Today Only Be Honest in Your Work
- To conduct system of Reiki classes/treatments in a responsible manner, consistent with the safety, health and welfare of the community.
- To endeavour to improve the community’s understanding of the system of Reiki.
- To advertise and promote one’s classes, treatments, services, products, teachings and/ or position in the system of Reiki community with integrity and act on the basis of a well-informed conscience at all times.
For Today Only Be Compassionate to Yourself and Others
- To regularly self-treat with Reiki treatments and meditations; you cannot help others if you haven’t first helped yourself.
- To act in fairness, honesty and in good faith towards all people regardless of their culture, ethnicity, language or religion. Abide by a vow of confidentiality. Any information that is discussed within the context of a Reiki session is confidential between the client and the Practitioner.
*Shibumi International Reiki Association