Passion – Commitment – Service
We are a worldwide grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of rescued animals and their caregivers.
At the heart of our work is the proprietary Let Animals Lead® method of meditation that relieves stress in rescued animals. Our method teaches people how to hold space for animals in an open compassionate way that inspires peace and trust in the animals they care for. Since our inception in 2008, our highly trained members have brought peace and calm to thousands of animals in hundreds of shelters, sanctuaries and rescues around the world.
It is our vision that peace is possible in every moment, and we bring this peace into being through our unique and specialized meditation practice, tailored to be gentle enough for every animal, no matter their species, background or sensitivity.
SARA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that supports:
•health and wellness of animals in shelters, sanctuaries and rescues.
•caregivers at each animal organization.
Through Reiki treatment and training programs, SARA educates:
•interested shelter, sanctuary and rescue staff and caregivers.
•animal lovers in the community at large.
SARA seeks to promote Reiki’s standing in the scientific community by:
•supporting ethical and animal-friendly animal Reiki research studies.
•creating alliances with the veterinary community.
Through SARA’s ongoing professional development, training and evaluation program for members, SARA seeks to:
•promote the highest standards in Animal Reiki Practitioner and Teacher excellence.
•provide ongoing support for Animal Reiki Practitioners and Teachers volunteering in shelters, sanctuaries and rescues
SARA’s goals are to:
1. Teach and foster an understanding of energy healing.
2. Teach the ethical approach to use when working with Reiki and animals.
3. Provide a standardized approach to implementing professional Animal Reiki programs for shelters, sanctuaries and other facilities that assist animals in need.
4. Document the effects of Animal Reiki on individual animals and the possible effects oshelter and rescue statistics as a whole.
5. Serve as a world-wide information and referral resource for Reiki practitioners, shelters, sanctuaries and other facilities that assist animals in need that wish to incorporate an Animal Reiki program.
6. Educate the public, shelters, sanctuaries, and other facilities that assist animals in need on the benefits Animal Reiki can provide to animals in need and their human caretakers.
Please visit: Animals and Reiki